Persons under the Age of 18
Toptasker is not aimed for people under the age of 18 years old. No one under the age 18 years old may provide any personal information to or on the Toptasker Website. We do not knowingly gather personal information from persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or distribute any information on this Platfrom do not use any of its services, functions or features and make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail or any screen name or user name you may use. If we find we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 18 years old, please contact us at [email protected]
- What information we collect
- Toptasker collects your information when you register on the Toptasker site and when you visit Toptasker pages.
- In using the Service of Toptasker (whether as an Employer or Worker), we may require or otherwise collect information that authenticates you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include but are not limited to the following.
- Your name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers;
- We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Services to process payments.
- We collect information related to your transactions on the Toptasker Website, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
- Communications with Toptasker and other Members.When you communicate with Toptasker or use the Toptasker Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- Some additional personal information we ask you to submit to verify yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (e.g. we may ask you to send us an ID to answer some additional questions online to help authenticate your identity);
- When you use certain features of the Toptasker Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, postcode, and suburb) or more specific location information (For example. Exact location from your mobile). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Aggregate Information Toptasker collects non-identifying, general, generic and aggregate information to better design our Web site and services.
- Non-Personal Information: Toptasker may collect non-personal information whilst using our site. When you use the site, Toptasker, third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address. Toptasker may combine some Non-Personal Information with the Personal Information we collect. Where we do so, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information if the resulting combination may be used to readily identify or locate you in the same manner as Personal Information alone.
- How we use your Information
- We may request certain information when using Toptasker. Toptasker does not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data except for approximate location / geo-location information when you use the post a task service and those with whom you have transactions and share that information. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web site, used to notify consumers about updates to our web site and for communications, such as customer service.
- We may send you an initial welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as but not limited to billing and account management. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, surveys, newsletters, updates, product information or other marketing e-mails. You can opt out of receiving these emails from Toptasker at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link in each individual email, or you can update your e-mail on your Toptasker account or by emailing us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
- We may send you SMS messages to your secure phone number for operational purposes, such as notifying you about the status of your task. You can opt out of receiving these SMS messages from Toptasker at any time by replying ‘STOP’ to any message we send.
- By using Toptasker. You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our services, and deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your preferences, and enhance our advertising. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
- We do not share, rent or sell Personal Information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies for marketing purposes without your permission. We may use and share Non-Personal Information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites. e.g., we may use the information to deliver ads tailored to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ads. You can stop us from tailoring our ads to you on other websites by way of deleting cookies.
- How your information is stored and protected
- We use hosting provider Bluehost, your information may be transferred and stored on servers in various locations both in and outside of Australia. Toptasker maintains control of your information. We reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration through various security measures. Your account is safeguarded by a password for your privacy and security measures. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, But it is important to note We are unable to make any guarantee of the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incapable of being corrupted from viruses or malicious activity. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be safe guarded by any form of encryption software. In light of this, We are unable to and do not ensure or authorize the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details.
- You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk. We want to make clear that You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
- Sharing your Information
- Toptasker discloses personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. This type of information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated previously, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
- Toptasker may disclose your personal information upon a business transition; At the sale or transfer of Toptasker and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred.
- We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including our related bodies corporate.
- Toptasker may share aggregate data with advertisers and other third parties.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show Toptasker ads on sites across the Internet.
- Accessing and updating your Information
- You can access your information through your account profile settings. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it if you cannot.
- You may request access to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected] Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for plainly making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
- In some instances, we may refuse that you access the personal information we hold. E.g. we may need to refuse access if allowing access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If this were to happen, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.